When we represent a buyer we have your best interest at heart. Our firm was originally established as a Buyer’s Agency so we are well versed and aware of the importance of representing you. Whether you are buying a home in the Star Valley area, a slope side second home in Teton Village or a commuter home in Idaho you will get our full attention. We are here to help you understand the local market conditions, active inventory and what has sold recently so that you have the knowledge you need to make an educated buying decision. Additionally, we help you negotiate and strategize to get a home at the best possible price.
As a 17 year resident of Jackson and with 13 years of real estate experience we have seen the market through the ups and downs and are here to help guide you through the complexities of this very unique real estate market.
First Things First:
- Find a mortgage lender/broker you are comfortable with. We recommend comparing at least two to see who will give you the best rates & terms. Feel free to ask us or your friends and family for recommendations.
- Choose a realtor – (Hint, her name is Jamie Turner her number is 307.203.9055) and the best part is that it comes at no cost to you as Seller’s typically pay realtor commissions.
- Find the home of your dreams
- Make an offer- think of contingencies that might be pertinent to buying, such as do you have to sell a home first.
- Do not buy anything expensive or open new credit cards. Be careful with finances from now until closing. Really, always, right?
- Due diligence period- this is a time to have inspections done and review title to make sure you know exactly what you are buying.
- Attend walk through- This is an opportunity to view the property prior to closing to insure that it is in the same condition as during inspections. Or, if any repairs were done to verify they were done properly.
- Hook up utilities like TV, internet, water, gas, electric, trash or snow removal.
- Confirm movers
- Attend closing at the Title Company. Bring your ID.
To learn more about the Buyer process enjoy the videos below that answer common FAQ’s
- Can I short term rent my property?
- What is title insurance and why do I need it?
- What is an easement?