Arguably, the number one reason people love Jackson Hole is because of our vast amount of open spaces and our wildlife populations. More than 97 percent of Teton County is permanently protected from development. Most of that land is government controlled property as National Parks or forests. Therefore, there is a very limited amount of land for purchase. That remaining 3 percent of land that is privately owned is part of a critical migration corridor through the valley. There are conservation groups working to ensure we continue to have a place for the wildlife to go.
Notably, the Jackson Hole Land Trust works with land owners to preserve open space and critical wildlife habitat as well as the ranching heritage of Jackson Hole. They will work with you to place conservation easements on the land. To learn more go to: www.jhlandtrust.org
The Nature Conservancy in Wyoming is the leading conservation organization working worldwide to protect important land and waters for people and nature. To learn more visit: www.nature.org